Small group class exercise plans are developed in advance & designed for the average class participant fitness goals. Modifications will be provided for all clients as needed. Class sizes are limited from 4 to 12 clients & include 50-90 minutes of instruction as identified on the schedule. Group class schedules are subject to change at any time.
- APPARATUS small group classes are taught in studio #65 on large equipment (reformers, trapezes, spine correctors, ladder barrel & chairs). Prior experience on apparatus equipment is required for apparatus group classes.
- REFORMER classes are taught entirely on the reformer machine and may include small props (bands, weights, bars, etc.).
- MIXED CIRCUIT Mixed circuit classes rotate pilates exercises on the spine corrector, ladder barrel, reformers, chair, and trapeze equipment, as well as small props (bands, weights, bars, etc.).
- NON-APPARATUS small group classes are taught in studio #60 with small prop equipment (mats, ballet bars, bands, weights, magic circles, etc.) and prior pilates experience is not required.
- MAT classes include supine, prone, side lying and standing pilates exercises as well as small props (bands, weights, bars, etc.).
- BARRE classes utilize the ballet barre for standing exercises, as well as small props (bands, weights, bars, etc.).
- BALLET is an adult beginner to intermediate classical ballet technique class, utilizing French terminology and standard piano music. Each class begins with barre exercises, focusing on posture, alignment and stretching and progresses to center exercises with increase in pace, intensity and musicality. Modifications are offered for a gentler approach as well as for the more experienced dancer. Split soled, soft canvas ballet slippers are recommended for maximum benefit and can be purchased on line through discountdance.com or at the Dancer’s Outlet in Niantic for a proper fitting. Ballet slippers should fit snugly to the feet.
- BELLY DANCE is a light-hearted class that combines basic Egyptian belly dance techniques with generous sprinklings of Turkish, Latin and modern influences to give all participants a chance to work out the body and free the self! No experience needed. Hip belts & scarves are provided, and you are welcome to bring your own.
- BLISS INSPIRED YOGA is an alignment based Hatha Yoga practice where postures are linked to breath in a gentle but challenging flow. Meditation and grounding work are also included as part of the class.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF YOGA coming soon!
Download a copy of the small group class schedule:
- Class schedule through 2/28/18:Small group classes 1.4.18
- Upcoming schedule changes:
- NEW classes
- Fundamentals of Yoga, Mondays @ 6:30 PM starting 3/12/18
- Bliss Inspired Yoga, Saturdays @ 10:00 AM starting 3/17/18
- Class cancellations
- Mixed circuit, Sundays @ 8:00 AM starting 3/4/18
- NEW classes
To access the current schedule and/or sign up for classes online, please click here.
To access the current schedule and/or sign up for classes on a mobile device, please download the MindBody App & search for Body By Bliss Pilates.
Clients are encouraged to make class reservations in advance by signing up via online, the MINDBODY app & the studio. 24 hours’ notice is required to cancel a reservation. Late cancellations & no-shows will be charged a single class purchase. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis for emergencies & contagious illnesses. Services purchased are valid for up to 6 months from the date of purchase and are not eligible for refund.